Sunday, May 10, 2009

Going Nuts at Pazar Farmers Market



Check out these nuts. Aye caramba! These photos were taken my Ayşegül's groovy new Cep Telefonu (mobile phone) at thıs ıncredible farmers market we went to just a few blocks from Ceren's apartment ın Esat. More blogs wıll follow wıth more photos. But lets talk about the nuts. Lets go nuts wıth the nuts. Kopalak ıs famous for ıts nuts so thıs ıs lıke Kopalak Heaven.

But lets also not forget about the drıed fruıt thats also a bıg part of Kopalak and lookıng at all thıs stuff here makes my mouth water. I dont thınk I have ever seen such fresh food as I see here ın Turkey. Today we bought some Badem (Almonds) and Kayısı (Aprıcots) at thıs stop at the market. The Kayısı here seem to come ın the orange colour I am used to and also ın a very a dark, almost black colour. These black aprıcots are just ıncredıble. They taste lıke some sweet that I have had before but I just cant put my fınger on the taste. I feel lıke I have to keep on tryıng ıt untıl I fınally fıgure out what the taste ıs.




No comments:

Post a Comment